While the Chyawanprash formula is large, containing 35 herbs, its main functions can be understood by grouping several of the herbs by similar therapeutic actions. The main functions of the formula are to improve digestion and respiration, the sources of metabolic energy.
According to the Charaka Samhita, the ideal way to use Chyawanprash is to first undertake cleansing of the body, perform meditation and religious ceremonies, and develop a cheerful disposition. The herbal preparation should be consumed in a place where the room is clean, the temperature is mild, and one is out of direct sun (during the hot season). While the herbal honey helps correct the problems that have been caused by poor habits, correcting improper diet, in particular, is an important aid to the effects of all the rasayana.
Chyawanprash is a health promoter, immunomodulator, adaptogenic and rejuvenator. It:
- protects the body from common cold, cough, and flu and strengthens the immune system of the body. It also enhances the natural capability of the body to produce white blood cells and hemoglobin.
- helps in the efficient functioning of the respiratory, circulatory and nervous systems and is especially beneficial for the lungs as it maintains a balance in the moisture in the lungs and keeps the passages of the respiratory system clear.
- aids in the digestive process and regulates bowel movements. It also provides relief in the case of diarrhea and nausea.
- reduces premenstrual syndrome, normalizes the menstrual cycle, and relieves pain in the chest and in the lower part of the abdomen.
- improves sexual activity, increases the libido and helps to build sexual strength on the whole.
- detoxifies the body by purifying the intestines, liver and blood.
- invigorates the liver and purifies the blood, thereby eliminating toxins from the body without overburdening and straining the urinary system.
- lowers the level of bad cholesterol and normalizes blood pressure.
- is an anti-aging tonic and promotes longevity, prevents wrinkles and promotes healthy hair.
The effect of Chyawanprash is on all systems of the body including the lungs, digestion, liver, kidneys, reproductive organs and the adrenals.
NON-GMO • FAIRLY TRADED • SOY FREE • GLUTEN FREE
|1||Amla fruit, Indian Gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica)||Certified Organic|
|2||Pippali, Long Pepper fruit (Piper longum)||Certified Organic|
|3||Chandan, Red Sandalwood (Santalum album)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|4||Vasaka, Malabar Tree leaf (Justicia adhatoda)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|5||Ashwagandha, Indian Winter Cherry root (Withania somnifera)||Certified Organic|
|6||Shatavari, Indian Asparagus root (Asparagus racemosus)||Certified Organic|
|7||Brahmi, Water Hyssop leaf (Bacopa monniera)||Certified Organic|
|8||Tulasi, Holy Basil leaf (Ocimum sanctum)||Certified Organic|
|9||Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale)||Certified Organic|
|10||Raisin fruit (Vitis vinifera)||Certified Organic|
|11||Licorice stem (Glycyrrhiza glabra)||Certified Organic|
|12||Bhmiamalaki, Phyllanthus whole (Phyllanthus niruri)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|13||Haridra, Zedoary rhizome (Curcuma zedoaria)||Certified Organic|
|14||Cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum verum)||Certified Organic|
|15||Saffron stigma (Crocus sativus)||Highest Grade Kashmiri, Pesticide Free|
|16||Cardamom seed (Elettaria cardamomum)||Certified Organic|
|17||Vidarikanda, Indian Kudzu root (Pueraria tuberosa)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|18||Arjuna bark (Terminalia arjuna)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|19||Haritaki, Chebulic Myrobalan fruit (Terminalia chebula)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|20||Kamal, Sacred Lotus seed (Nelumbo nucifera)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|21||Neem, Indian Lilac leaf (Azadirachta indica)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|22||Gokshur, Tribulus fruit (Tribulus terrestris)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|23||Bilva, Golden Apple fruit (Aegle marmelos)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|24||Guduchi, Indian Tinospora stem (Tinospora cordifolia)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|25||Musta, Nut Grass whole (Cyperus rotundus)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|26||Jivanti, Leptadenia leaf (Leptadenia reticulata)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|27||Punarnava, Hogweed root, (Boerhavia diffusa)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|28||Nagkeshar, Mesua flower (Mesua ferrea)||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticide Free|
|1||Indian Gooseberry fruit extract (Emblica officinalis) (Amla)||Certified Organic SCO₂ Extract|
|2||Indian Winter Cherry root extract (Withania somnifera) (Ashwaghanda)||Certified Organic SCO₂ Extract|
|3||Long Pepper fruit extract (Piper longum) (Pipalli)||Certified Organic SCO₂ Extract|
|1||Jaggery (Saccharum officinarum)||Ethically Harvested, Pesticide Free|
|2||Ghee (Clarified Butter)||Ethically Procured from Indian non-hybrid cows|
|3||Raw Honey||Ethically Wild Crafted, Pesticides Free|
|4||Cold Pressed Black Sesame Oil||Certified Organic, Cold Pressed, Virgin|
There are no reviews yet.